Search for Associations
Kungsbacka has a full and lively range of clubs and associations, offering activities that enable you to meet new people who share your interests. Most of the associations in the municipality of Kungsbacka are listed in the municipality's association registry. The registry is in Swedish and you can search for various types of associations and activities such as sports, art, culture, outdoor life, and various hobbies.
If you cannot find the association you a looking for, you can get help from our customer centre Kungsbacka Direct on 0300-83 40 00, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Association Registry (in Swedish)
Start an association
Are you considering starting an association? There is a great deal to keep in mind, but it is neither difficult nor complicated.
This is what you need to do:
- Gather together a group of people who share a common interest. Three people are enough to form a non-profit association, but in practice, more are needed to really get it going.
- Decide upon what the association is going to do and write suggestions for by-laws.
- Hold a meeting where you form the association, a so-called incorporation meeting.
Write minutes containing information about:
- Forming the association.
- Accepting suggestions about by-laws with the association's name, goals, etc.
- Members of the board - chairperson, secretary, and treasurer.
- Membership fees.
- Signatures from the chairperson, secretary, and treasurer.
Directly after the meeting, the chosen board takes part in an inaugural board meeting. With this, the association's work is underway.
The municipality offers several types of grants which associations and groups can apply for. Contact association services if you have any questions; we will be happy to help you.
0300-83 42 16
Monday - Thursday 8.30am-12:00pm and 1:30pm-4:00pm
Friday 8.30am-12:00pm and 1:30pm-3:00pm
Visiting address: Borgmästaregatan 5B i Kungsbacka