Planning permission

Build new, remodel, or build an extension to my house

When you are going to build a new house, remodel, or build an extension to your house, you must, in most cases, have planning permission. You apply for planning permission with the municipality. Contact our customer centre in order to get help with your questions about whether or not you need planning permission.

Ask your questions at an Open House

Every Monday (which is not a holiday) between the hours of 4:00pm and 6:00pm we have an Open House. If you are planning on building, or you want help before you file documents, you can meet an official to get advice and information there.  

You cannot make an appointment in advance to attend the Open House. When you arrive at the entrance of the city hall, you register with reception and are given an appointment for the first open visit with an official. Each visit takes approximately 15 minutes.

Read more about planning permission here (in Swedish)